Back Forum Reply New

Heresy 1 2 3 HBR? differnce, compare to KG4

Limmited budget, this seems to be the price range, three questions, Heresy 1,2,3, same only newer as numbers go up? HBR? KG4 compared to any of the other 4 speakers. I like base but not just thumping, like the lows on a base guitar or base drum I want to distinguish them from each other, don't like shrill highs, horns scare me,maybe they shouldn't, blues old rock more to the blues side is what I listen to, I like volume but I like clean volume. Soundcraftsmen dx4200 pre amp EQ Soundcraftsmen PCR800 amp. Any opinion from experiance apreciated.

I like the Heresy...very nice and balanced speaker...not huge bass but you might not notice it unless you compare it directly with a more bass responsive speaker...I preferred the Heresy to the Heresy IIs...now the Heresy III is another animal and is not bass shy...
HBR just means the quot;decoratorquot; cabinet...Heresy Birch (Plywood) Raw...you were able to stain them to whatever your decor required...
kg4s are two way unlike the three way Heresys...have more bass response and some feel the kg line (at least the kg2s and kg4s...the original kg series) are similar in sound to the Heritage line that Heresys are part of...
Go with what sounds nicest to you and let condition and price be your guide...Heresys...IIs and IIIs are the most expensive with kgs being about half the price of the Heresys on the used market...if you can...collect them all...Heritage three ways have more horns (at least two) compared to the kgs and later Klipsch speakers...they still make Heritage so that says a LOT in my opinion...
Bill

I briefly had a pair of KG4s hooked up to my CX4200 preamp/EQ and one of my PCR800 amplifiers; sounded pretty nice...

I've heard both.  I prefer the KG 4 for rock music.  They have better bass and are not as shouty in the mids as the pair of Heresy I heard.  With acoustic music, the Heresy sound better.  The designs are very different, and each sound good in their own right.
¥
Back Forum Reply New