Back Forum Reply New

Ringo Starr

This guy has had such a wacked out career.

I have his THE VERY BEST OF on now.  Lot of top 40 schlock, and some real screamers in there.  The one with Eric Clapton and Steve Dudas NEVER WITHOUT YOU!

i got to see ringo and his all starr band summer of '01. good show!
greg lake (elp), roger hodgeson (supertramp), ian hunter (mott the hoople), sheila e., howard jones, mark rivera.

and i got to see one of the beatles!

I saw him at Jones Beach in '92, and I remember that I passed up Spinal Tap tickets for the same night!   

Check out this lineup:

Ringo Starr - drums, vocals
Joe Walsh - guitar, vocals
Nils Lofgren - guitar, vocals
Todd Rundgren - guitar, vocals
Dave Edmunds - guitar, vocals
Burton Cummings - keyboards, vocals
Timothy B. Schmit - bass, vocals
Zak Starkey - drums
Timmy Cappello - saxophone

Honestly one of the best shows I've seen, and I've seen a lot.  

je

Originally Posted by Fred SanfordI saw him at Jones Beach in '92, and I remember that I passed up Spinal Tap tickets for the same night!   

Check out this lineup:

Ringo Starr - drums, vocals
Joe Walsh - guitar, vocals
Nils Lofgren - guitar, vocals
Todd Rundgren - guitar, vocals
Dave Edmunds - guitar, vocals
Burton Cummings - keyboards, vocals
Timothy B. Schmit - bass, vocals
Zak Starkey - drums
Timmy Cappello - saxophone

Honestly one of the best shows I've seen, and I've seen a lot.  

je

zak starkey-with 'the who' now, isn't he?

back off boogaloo is a great song.

Originally Posted by jaykzak starkey-with 'the who' now, isn't he?

Yep.  He also played with Oasis, but I won't hold that against him.  
je

Of course who can forget his early solo singles

Photograph
Oh, My My
The No No Song

quot;No no no no I don't smoke it no more,
I'm tired waking up on the floorquot;

Ringo is awesome. I still love quot;It Don't Come Easyquot;, my favorite Ringo song.

When quot;Ringoquot; came out it sold about a billion copies..... the critics were amazed that he stormed out of the gate harder than his bandmates..... didn't last, but still one helluva album.

Ringo Starr 5.1 The surround Sound Collection, Koch Records KOC-CD-4496.

quot;Ringo's hand-picked favorites from his recent solo albumsquot;

This DVD-A disc has a very nice 5.1 mix.  Recommended.

Originally Posted by Dr. MusicRingo is awesome. I still love quot;It Don't Come Easyquot;, my favorite Ringo song.

You mean quot;your favorite outtake from the All Things Must Pass recording sessions that George later gave to Ringo to put his vocals on after erasing the 'Hare Krisha' backup vocals during the guitar soloquot;?

I really like that song, too -- always have.  Great tune, regardless of its history.  But I think that it must be said that Ringo would never have had a prayer of getting a solo career off the ground if George hadn't carried water for him early on.  quothotographquot;, too.

(edit: reference)

album.php...ection=4#T13N0

married a 'Bond' girl

You folks all saw this, right?  He seems to need help...

watch?v=olhLlj_hD4I

Originally Posted by AageYou folks all saw this, right?  He seems to need help...

watch?v=olhLlj_hD4I

I saw that. Kinda took away most of the enthusiasm I had for him. Personally, I think he could have been a lot nicer about it.

yeah. what's up wid dat??

gettin' cranky in his old age, is he?

edit -is there a date on that youtube video? when was it made?
he says '20th of october'. this year? last? ?

not that i really care. haven't sent him any fan mail yet, wasn't planning to in the future either.

I still miss him as 'Mr. Conductor' on 'Shining Time Station'.  My kids were that age at that time....    George Carlin was OK, but then everything was Americanized.  Just not right for trains which were obviously British.His music?  He as OK and did one or two fun songs.   I see no reason to make fun of him.
¥
Back Forum Reply New