Back Forum Reply New

Suggestions for new TT interconnects needed

My Denon DP-3700 is in need of new interconnect cables.

Do you all have any suggestions?

Do a search on the forum and you'll find a good bit of info.  I posted a thread on using Petra cables.

Or Beldon video grade co-ax with double shield.  Petra has lower capacitance which is better if going over about 4 ft.

Originally Posted by BrocLunoOr Beldon video grade co-ax with double shield.  Petra has lower capacitance which is better if going over about 4 ft.

Actually Broc they're the same in capacitance, 17pF/ft.  Belden is thinner and more flexible, but, of course, you have to supply your own connectors.

I have access to two different Belden cables at work. Do you all know anything about these and if they'd be good to use?

Belden 8451 - (from the box) 22ga shielded pvc miniature audio sound and control cable

Belden 8761 - (from the box) 18ga p.c shielded audio sound and control cableT.I.A.

Originally Posted by Rex EverythingI have access to two different Belden cables at work. Do you all know anything about these and if they'd be good to use?

Belden 8451 - (from the box) 22ga shielded pvc miniature audio sound and control cable

Belden 8761 - (from the box) 18ga p.c shielded audio sound and control cableT.I.A.

You might get away with using it, but it's taking a chance.  Both have two center conductors and a foil shield.  Foil isn't the best barrier to electromagnetic  interference.  These cables have capacitance that is at least twice those of the Petras and Belden coaxial.

Belden 1505F, 1694A, 1505A are really the best to use.  They are coaxial cable with either double copper braided shield or foil plus copper braided shield.  All these have capacitance of 17pF/ft.

Originally Posted by hakaplanYou might get away with using it, but it's taking a chance.  Both have two center conductors and a foil shield.  Foil isn't the best barrier to electromagnetic  interference.  These cables have capacitance that is at least twice those of the Petras and Belden coaxial.

Belden 1505F, 1694A, 1505A are really the best to use.  They are coaxial cable with either double copper braided shield or foil plus copper braided shield.  All these have capacitance of 17pF/ft.

Thanks for the info. I'll hold off on the cable and stick with something recommended.
¥
Back Forum Reply New